Friday, July 25, 2008

Wobbly World of Walking

It seems our little guy discovered his legs in a new way this week. For a while now, I have thought that perhaps Cohen would just crawl into Kindergarten, but it would appear that he is going to walk, as others had suggested. Don't get me wrong, I am not typically one of those parents whose child has to perform certain tasks at certain milestones to be assured that he is normal. In fact, my desire for him to walk was entirely selfish - I can no longer carry him without feeling like my arms were going to fall out of their sockets. Those of you who know Cohen, know that looks are deceiving and while he does not look much bigger than the average 11-month old boy, he did in fact, reach 30 pounds by the time he was 2 weeks. (okay, slight exaggeration)

So, back to the walking. I was pleasantly surprised at how awkward this looks. Those of you who have kids are probably thinking this is old hat, but it never occurred to me that Cohen would not think to bend his knees, at first. The result is what looks like an attempt at a Mixed Martial Arts demonstration...much kicking into the air and showing us that, lest we have not noticed, he truly is big man on campus now...

No comments: