So, I'm giving this blogging thing another try. I have come to own the fact that I will never be the pastor's wife who artfully explains entire passages of scripture, details an extensive list of home projects that I have accomplished...all before lunch or poetically describe the many strange and yet wonderful things that my children do each day. BUT I do think that I could make more of an effort to keep my friends all over the world a little more 'connected' to our family and post pictures that only those same friends could appreciate.
In order to make my first post 'back' a little less verbose, I have decided to summarize some the last 6 months of our lives in bullet form...
Recently, our family has:
- Moved from Omaha, Nebraska (USA) to Cape Town, South Africa. We did this because JD took the job of Africa Director for the Acts 29 church planting network (www.acts29network.org)
- Found a house to live in, which we truly enjoy and found a car (no small feat, let me assure you)
- Welcomed a new member to our family six weeks later...this addition's name is Sloane and she is now 5 months old
- (JD has) traveled back to the States, Uganda twice and is about to leave for Zambia in a few weeks
- We have celebrated Cohen's second birthday...party to happen this weekend
- had a summer,(winter here) intern from Minneapolis, Minnesota live with us for almost three months (we just said goodbye last night)
Other than this, we have done a few trips around South Africa and generally worked on adjusting to life in a new home. Below, you can peruse some of our latest pictures of the kids...enjoy!
It's like Cohen doesn't realize that this face is a complete admission of guilt...
What I truly love about this shot is that it's taken in the DEAD OF WINTER...man, we truly do live in paradise
Birthday Boy. Not sure if the 'smile' on Cohen's face is as a result of the new basketball hoop he got for his birthday or because he's seething inside at being made to wear his dad's latest Ugandan purchase
3 weeks ago